So this is what being 62 feels like (Art’s reflection on his birthday)
– Woke up, ate some cereal and saw some of the Facebook and Google+ birthday wishes including a song from a 2 year old grandson.
– A little surprise when the Google “doodle” was a birthday wish for me. I clicked on it and it displayed my profile I had created in Google+. Cool but a little creepy.
– Went to a Zumba water aerobics class with Mary and then lifted weights. When we swiped our passes to get into the fitness club the people at the desk immediately wished me a happy birthday. Apparently their computer knew about it too. (Probably learned it from Google!)
– Sat in a McDonald’s using their Internet to finish the hard drive replacement and Windows 8 upgrade for Mary’s laptop. Talked with a family from Nashville down for a high school softball tournament while Mary did some shopping.
– Watched the spring break crowd come and go (some in bikinis…we’re just a couple minutes from the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach coast)
– Face-Time session with daughter and grandkids while sitting in the car at McDonalds
– Back home to grade some papers for my classes
– Watched a James Taylor concert on TV, sang along with the words and imagined that my guitar playing could be just as good.
– Watched Mary work at baking some cupcakes made from coconut flour and then cook a great meal that included red meat and potatoes
– Received a call from my mom reminding me what she was up to 62 years ago
– Wrote a philosophic post for our travel blog www.AmLivingTheDream.com
– Read an email about the benefits of an AARP membership…realized I was old enough to begin to collect Social Security if I wanted to.
– More grading and answering student questions.
– Ate one of the top ten birthday meals of all time.
– Did a video chat with son, daughter-in-law and grand daughters from Indianapolis
– Watched “Skyfall” that we got from Redbox for $1. The theme was that even though James Bond is getting older…he’s still got it going on.
– Thanked God for His many blessings.
– Felt so good that I skipped my blood pressure and cholesterol medicine
-Slept like a log.